Effective from: 1st June 2020
Sheaf Digital (brand name of Psalter Works Ltd) operates the Coursedate online course booking system. This page tells you about how we collect and use personal data when you use Coursedate. We only use your data to provide and improve the online course booking service. By using Coursedate, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Personal Data means data about a living individual that can be used to identify the individual (or can be combined with other data we may have to identify the individual).
Usage Data is data collected automatically - either generated by your use of Coursedate or from the service infrastructure itself.
Data Controller means the person (either alone or with other persons) or organisation who decides how Personal and Usage data should be stored and processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means a person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
Data Subject is an individual who is using our course booking service to book or enquire about a course and is the subject of Personal Data.
Course Provider means an organisation that is registered in the Coursedate system and that uses Coursedate to publish information about courses, manage course enquiries and take course bookings.
2.0 Information Collection and Use
We collect different types of information so we can provide and improve our online course booking service.
We collect your name, email address, phone number and other contact details. This data is held securely in the Coursedate system and is only shared with a Course Provider when you enquire about a course or book on a course at that provider.
When you use Coursedate to search for courses and view individual courses at a course provider, we collect and record some non personal data - search terms that are used and the number of times a course has been viewed. This data is only collected so we can track errors/bugs and improve the service. This data does not contain personal information about you (email address, phone number etc) and is only shared with the course provider.
3.0 Use of Data
We use the data we collect to:
- Provide and maintain our course booking service
- Give you a more refined set of search results
- Provide customer support
- Monitor the usage of the Coursedate system
- Detect and resolve technical issues
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are required to use Coursedate.
5.0 Retention of Data
6.0 Transfer of Data
Your data may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your country and in another governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may be different from those of your own country.
7.0 Disclosure of Data
We may disclose your Personal or Usage Data if we think such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend our rights or property
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Coursedate online course booking service.
- Protect the personal safety of users of Coursedate or the public
- Protect against legal liability
8.0 Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Though we use industry standard means to protect your Personal and Usage Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9.0 Registering on Coursedate to Book/Enrol on a Course
If you use Coursedate to book on a course (or enquire about a course), the course provider may ask for additional personal data about you as part of the enrolment/enquiry process. It is the course provider’s responsibility to ensure they process any data collected from you in line with all relevant data laws and regulations.
Course providers may extract personal data from our software and process it further. We take no responsibility for any processing done outside our systems. Any questions regarding the processing of personal data by course providers should be directed to them using the contact details provided.
10.0 Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain data protection rights and we will take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal and Usage Data.
Please contact us if you want us to remove the Personal and Usage Data we hold about you. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal or Usage Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
12.0 Contact Us